Coming Saturday, 8/10: The Gyros Night tailgate and food drive
    It's official. Coming Saturday, August 10th at the Fire vs Montreal match, Westmont Ultras is running the Section 8 tailgate and its GYROS NIGHT 
    Gyros, Greek Fries, Hummus w/Pita bread, baklava.

We're also running a food drive for the benefit of the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Bring in an item on the list below for either free Greek fries or a shot of Honey-flavored Westmont's Finest (or you can purchase for $1 w/o a donation.) 
    -peanut butter
    -oatmeal 
    -boxed cereals
    -pasta
    -canned veggies
    -canned fruit
    **NO GLASS CONTAINERS**

We're also running an online virtual food drive.
    If you donate $25 or more, bring a copy of your receipt and dinner is on us.
    Donate here: http://goo.gl/WojkIl and be sure to share the link.

We'll see you then. Come hungry!
  • Awesome idea to pair this with a food drive.

=D>
  • jlatshaw said:

Awesome idea to pair this with a food drive.

=D>

I'll +1 that.  Great idea!
  • Gyros? YESSSS!!! I'm really looking forward to this! And good idea to have the food drive, too.

Nicely done!

Can't. Wait.
  • Just to be clear;

The only way you can get the Greek fries is to bring an item to donate. We want to collect as many items as possible so bring an item so you can have the complete meal all for $5 

:)>-
  • bump-

I know that with the game on Wednesday and the white party on Thursday there is a lot going on but we would love to be able to raise $500+ with this drive during a time that food pantries really need it. 

Please donate here http://vad.aidmatrix.org/vfdhtml.cfm?driveid=7818 and remember that if you donate $25+ dinner will be on us on 8/10/13

• bump-

I know that with the game on Wednesday and the white party on Thursday there is a lot going on but we would love to be able to raise $500+ with this drive during a time that food pantries really need it. 

Please donate here http://vad.aidmatrix.org/vfdhtml.cfm?driveid=7818 and remember that if you donate $25+ dinner will be on us on 8/10/13

To put it in perspective, Every $25 you donate feeds a family of four for three DAYS. 
  • So far in our virtual drive, we've raised enough money to provide 155 meals to Chicago area residents.  Keep the donations coming and spread the word!  Thank you!!!
  • I will be partaking but I feel sorry for the Toyota Park bathrooms in advance.
  • BRK said:

I will be partaking but I feel sorry for the Toyota Park bathrooms in advance.

OPA!
  • Can't have the KLOPAS without the OPA!  So enjoy the tailgate and be generous with the food drive/virtual drive!
  • awesome; I'll be there with my tzatzikis on
  • Who's bringing the Ouzo?
  • Who's bringing the Ouzo?

We'll have drips on hand in case of emergencies.  We don't play games here.  Is tailgate.

• Got some canned food for this ready to go!
  • I feel like i drank Ouzo for Twozo.....
  • You all kicked ass last night!  Seriously delicious food- so thanks a lot for the hard work.

How much was raised for the food bank?
  • as of right now we are at $2321.69 plus the back of my suv is loaded with food items that need to be dropped at the depository :) 
  • That is awesome!!!!
  • No Jack, that's RAD!
  • The gyros were great! Was the baklava homemade? If so, it was freaking delicious! Thanks guys/gals!
  • Ghost chili hummus.......Mmmmmmmmmmm.
  • diana said:

The gyros were great! Was the baklava homemade? If so, it was freaking delicious! Thanks guys/gals!

Yes it was, Edith made it at home and yes it was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DFBJeff said:

Ghost chili hummus.......Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Giaco was the man behind that masterpiece.......
  • My personal thanks to everyone that donated online and at the tailgate Saturday. It was a blast.

Got some canned food for this ready to go!

Thank you for the extra generous donation, sir!

diana said:

The gyros were great! Was the baklava homemade? If so, it was freaking delicious! Thanks guys/gals!

Yes, homemade.

Puma138 said:

I feel like i drank Ouzo for Twozo.....

Are you the guy I ended up giving the last of the bottle to (versus shots?) 

Next time around, the beverage counter is going to have an even wider selection.  Upgrade!
  • ricecake said:

Are you the guy I ended up giving the last of the bottle to (versus shots?) 

Next time around, the beverage counter is going to have an even wider selection.  Upgrade!

I am Collin, I was the one giving out shots of ouzo to customers in the last 10 minutes and taking a shot with each one of them as well.
  • diana said:

Yes it was, Edith made it at home and yes it was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, kudos to Edith! That shizz was the bomb!! :)

• Puma138 said:

ricecake said:

I am Collin, I was the one giving out shots of ouzo to customers in the last 10 minutes and taking a shot with each one of them as well.

Ah ha.  No further explanation needed.  I saw how many shots were on that tray.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!