Sunday Funday: Watch Party and Sector Latino Benefit Concert
  • This is a re-post from the news section on the front page, as I didn't see it anywhere on the forums.

We kick off this full day of supporter fun at The Globe (1934 W. Irving Park) as the Fire take on the soon-to-be fake Goats out in LA.  Kickoff time is at 2:00 PM local.*  Come on out for good food and drinks, good company, and watch the Fire battle for three points to start this year off right!

Immediately after the game – the entire party will be heading south to Pilsen, specifically ChiTown Futbol (2255 S. Throop) for a benefit fundraising concert put on by Sector Latino.  Come one, come all – and do so in support of the initiative to see them hit 100 season tickets.  $5.00 at the door gets you hours of great live music by a lot of local acts, tons of supporter culture, and much more.

*Beware – Sunday is also Daylight Savings Time – so don’t be late.

Whoever is making news posts should create threads with each post, since it's usually pretty useful information posted on there. Most people usually go straight to the forum and don't get to see the front page for the most part.

::edit::
    spelling.
  • kamil said:

This is a re-post from the news section on the front page, as I didn't see it anywhere on the forums.

We kick off this full day of supporter fun at The Globe (1934 W. Irving Park) as the Fire take on the soon-to-be fake Goats out in LA.  Kickoff time is at 2:00 PM local.*  Come on out for good food and drinks, good company, and watch the Fire battle for three points to start this year off right!

Immediately after the game – the entire party will be heading south to Pilsen, specifically ChiTown Futbol (2255 S. Throop) for a benefit fundraising concert put on by Sector Latino.  Come one, come all – and do so in support of the initiative to see them hit 100 season tickets.  $5.00 at the door gets you hours of great live music by a lot of local acts, tons of supporter culture, and much more.

*Beware – Sunday is also Daylight Savings Time – so don’t be late.

Whoever is making news posts should create threads with each post, since it's usually pretty useful information posted on their. Most people usually go straight to the forum and don't get to see the front page for the most part.

You are 100% correct - and thanks for doing it for this one, @kamil!

If anyone has any questions on how the day will break down - ask here.  Let's get the conversation started, and everyone out on Sunday.

Also remember - we are gifted one less hour Sunday morning do to Daylight Savings Time.  The soccer gods are bringing the Fire to us one hour quicker!

• Thank You Thank You! For the promotion of the Fundraiser!!!!!!! There will be some great Fire itens raffled at both events. This is going to be a
  • Thank You Thank You! For the promotion of the Fundraiser!!!!!!! There will be some great Fire itens raffled at both events. This is going to be a an epic party, with 5 of the best Latino Ska/punk bands in Chicago, We hope that we can raise some funds we can apply to our goal of 100 season tickets. Come one come all this party is going to be epic you will not want to miss it.
  • So who's coming out on Sunday?

Who's making both events as an all day affair?
  • If I'm off work in time I'll be at the Globe.  Chitown is looking like a big maybe right now for me.  I want to go, but life might get in the way.
  • <3 Globe. Also maybe fundraiser.
  • La Vaca in Pilsen confirmed via FB that they are willing to play the game on Sunday too. It's a 2 min drive from ChiTown and a 10 min walk.

• Big thanks to my new sisters and brothers for a great time at Sector Latino benefit! Your love an passion made that shit match from yesterday not even matter!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!